Assemble X Tank Cover Assemblies in X minutes or less.
Gather the appropriate materials and tools to assemble a Tank Cover Assembly:
- Tank Cover (#100-04)
- Ball (#100-05)
- Seat (#100-06)
- Outlet Screen (#100-07)
- Discharge Plug (#100-081)
- Discharge Plug O-Ring (#100-082)
- 3" Chain w/ Ring (#100-083-10)
- Chain Screw (#100-084)
- S-Hook (#100-085)
- Hex Tool
- Screen Press Tool
- Straight Jaw Pliers
- Drill with #2 Phillips Impact Power Bit
A description of these components can be found in the Drip Torch Product ID training module.
1. Assemble Check Valve
The check valve consists of a Ball, Seat, and Outlet Screen to regulate flow, prevent contaminants from entering the fuel spout, and protect against flashback.
- Insert the Ball into the angled hole of the Tank Cover.
- Use the hex tool (top tool in the picture above) to thread the Seat into the angled hole with the flat side facing up towards you. Secure the Ball but allow enough room for it to move back and forth slightly (you should hear a rattle when you shake the Tank Cover).
- Use the screen press tool (middle tool in the picture above) to insert the brass Outlet Screen flat against the Seat. You may need to use the pick (bottom tool in the picture above) to adjust the Outlet Screen and secure it inside the hole.
2. Assemble Plug & Chain Assembly
The Plug & Chain Assembly consists of a Discharge Plug, an o-ring for sealing the check valve when not in use, and a Chain with S-hook and Screw to secure the Plug to the Tank Cover.
- Place the Discharge Plug O-Ring on the threaded-end of the Discharge Plug.
- Use the pliers to tightly secure the S-Hook to one end of the Chain w/ Ring.
- Use the pliers to secure the other end of the S-Hook to the Discharge Plug.
3. Final Assembly
Use a drill to attach the Plug & Chain Assembly to the Tank Cover, completing the finished Tank Cover Assembly.
- Insert a #2 phillips power drill bit into the drill.
- Set the drill clutch setting to about 6 for the appropriate torque range. You want to adjust this setting so as to not overdrive the screw and pop off the top of the screw.
- Ensure that the screw setting is selected (the middle icon) and not the drill or hammer drill settings.
- The drill speed can be set to 1 (low speed, high torque) or 2 (medium speed and torque).
- Attach the Plug & Chain Assembly to the Tank Cover by screwing the Chain Screw through the open ring of the Chain into the screw hole on the Tank Cover.
- Thread the Discharge Plug into the storage position of the Tank Cover.